On 16 May we joined the Netherlands branch of International Employee Benefits Association (IEBA) and our network partner Achmea in Leiden for their “Benefits design in an automated world” event. The event brought together a mix of brokers, multinational employers and insurers to discuss the practical application of innovation in employee benefits (EB).
Alex Lebus, Innovation Manager at MAXIS GBN, represented us at the event, speaking about the MAXIS Data & Digital Innovation Lab, as well as emerging digital trends in the EB market. He shared his knowledge of:
- online benefits platforms
- the opportunities of data analytics
- health and wellness technology
- insurtech and the gig economy.
Jeroen Bartelse, who runs a crack team of innovators at Achmea, followed Alex’s presentation and shared some of the fantastic insurtech innovations that he and his team have been developing. He explained the importance of being able to remove riskier and more speculative innovation initiatives from a ‘business as usual’ set-up and highlighted the key role that collaboration with external parties plays in innovation.
But it wasn’t just a day of presentations. Attendees got involved in interactive problem-solving tasks, combining their collective expertise to tackle a series of challenges. These were:
- closing the gap between the cost and perceived value of benefits
- balancing a desire for flexibility in global benefits with informed decision making
- managing local nuances in benefits at a global scale.
With a growing focus on insurtech solutions in employee benefits, it was great to be involved in this fantastic event.