Mattieu Rouot publishes article in HR Zone
MAXIS GBN has identified how corporate wellness programs can help address these worrying trends. Simple interventions can be extremely effective, such as:
- Just 30 minutes of continuous moderate physical activity per day decreases the risk of cardiovascular diseases, Alzheimer’s and cancer by 40%.
- Walking to work decreases the risk of coronary heart disease by 13%.
- Employer-sponsored programmes are extremely effective compared to public prevention programmes generating 15-35%
Implementing Health and Wellness programs is financially advantageous as well as socially responsible. There is a clear business case for Health and Wellness. The facts are clear:
- For every pound invested in prevention programmes, employers save £4 in medical costs, absenteeism, loss of productivity, and other indirect costs related to poor health.
- Health Gateway, a corporate wellness program offered by a MAXIS GBN member, helped business remove more than 5000 health risks from the UK last year by encouraging lifestyle changes.
- Removing one health risk for one employee saved the employer an average of 600 pounds per year.
- Companies with a strong corporate health culture are shown to outperform the S&P 500 stock index by 3-5%.
Health and Wellness programs are any key element of human resources strategy and a major focus for MAXIS GBN.
Learn more by reading the full article in HR Zone website.